I’ve been dying to make my own brown rice krispie treats ever sine I discovered the ones from TJs but I wanted to do something fun with it. The result? S’mores double decker krispie treats! It’s a super easy no-bake recipe that is sure to brighten up your week (not to mention your roommates’, too). And because we all have to splurge now and then, there’s no other way to make these a little more ‘figure friendly’ than to make it with brown rice krispies (found at Whole Foods).
Bonus: no campfire needed. Have fun!
Coconut oil spray
3 Tbsp. margarine
6 cups Brown Rice Krispies cereal
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
6 sheets of graham crackers
1. Spray 8×8 pan with coconut oil spray
2. Melt 3 tbsp. margarine in a large pot
3. Add in 10 oz. mini or regular sized marshmellows and stir until smooth
4. Take the pot off the heat and gently but quickly stir in 6 cups of brown rice krispies
5. Gently press down half of the mixture in your pan
(I sprayed the bottom of a measuring cup with coconut oil to help push down the mixture into an even layer)
6. Melt 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips or hershey’s chocolate bar
7. Next, layer graham cracker sheets to cover the chocolate layer
8. Press down the remaining rice krispy mixture on top of the chocolate layer
9. Top it off with some crumbled graham crackers and drizzled chocolate!
10. Now, let them sit for 30 minutes and invite all your friends over so you don’t get tempted into eating them all on your own!